Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Crust Quiche

So this has always been one of my favorite recipes. We ate it a lot growing up and I'll never get tired of it! It's super yummy and SUPER filling, and it's EASY to make! It does take some time to bake, but another benefit is that the prep time is super quick.

Funny story........
We had it for lunch yesterday.
One tip:
Don't DON'T forget the bisquick.
Ha, I've made it a ton, but somehow, I forgot the bisquick yesterday .We still ate it and the flavor was still yummy...the texture was just a bit off :)
So don't forget the bisquick :)
Gotta love cooking mistakes :)



No-Crust Quiche

1 lb bacon
2 cups diced ham
1 cup shredded cheese
 6 eggs
1/2 c bisquick
1 c sour cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spread ham and cheese out over the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan.
Mix everything else together in a large bowl  and pour it over the top of the ham and cheese. Most of the cheese should end up floating.
Bake at 425 for 12 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and cook another 35-40 minutes

Notes:
--I put green onions on top and it was a delicious little flavor add. My husband suggested I put them inside next time, and I'm going to try it :)
--I usually use either Ham OR  Bacon. It's yummy with both, but not necessary.
--I always put in more pepper than it asks for....because we really like pepper :)
--I don't even measure out the cheese, I just grate it right into the bottom of the 13X9 until there's cheese everywhere.

No comments: