Thursday, June 9, 2011

Limonada (Brazilian Lemonade)

Alright, so I had two recipes for Limonada, so I decided to put them both to the test!
The first one is a recipe I got here, from one of my favorite cooking blogs. The second one comes from my uncle who served his mission in Brazil.

We tried the both

RECIPE #1    (go to link above)

RECIPE #2
 2 1/2 limes
Water (fill blender 3/4 of the way)
1/2-3/4 cups sugar
Ice

Cut limes into quarters. Put pieces (including peels) in the blender with all the other ingredients. Blend and  strain.




We drank an entire pitcher of each
BUT
we came to different conclusions. 

I liked recipe #1 more, but Ben liked recipe #2 because he said it tasted more like what he was used to drink on his mission.
So....if you want something yummy that's more authentic, make #2. If you want something less authentic but possibly a little yummier, make #1.

No comments: