Sunday, March 4, 2012

Garden Veggie Scrambled Eggs

Okay, I'd say today is a day to celebrate!
Constant morning sickness for the last 4 months has basically kept me from doing hardly any cooking. I have an anti-nausea medicine that keeps me moving and normal during the day, but mornings before it kicks in, and in the evenings when it's started wearing off haven't been fun...hence, not a lot of cooking. My poor hubby! The good news though is that it's getting better FINALLY! 23 weeks along, it's about time!! Anyway, this morning I wasn't feeling wonderful, but good enough that I actually did a little cooking! I really wanted to make my husband breakfast, and take it to him to enjoy in bed before he got up. I decided I'd ease into it (since I still wasn't feeling great) with a HALF homemade breakfast meal. I cheated on the french toast and waffles part (I used frozen ones :)) but I didn't cheat for the second half and made scrambled eggs to go with.

Now, this isn't a fancy recipe. It's not really even a recipe at all, it's more just a suggestion of some things you can add REALLY EASILY to make delicious, and healthy scrambled eggs.

Basically, I gussied up the eggs by adding
-chopped spinach
-red bell peppers, diced
-diced green onions
and a little cheese on top!

Like I said, easy, not really a recipe.....but its something that I'd highly recommend for a tasty breakfast :)
Plus, they looked REALLY pretty :)

No comments: